Sunday, March 27, 2011

Sterling's big **TWO-FIVE**

oNcE uPoN a LoVeLy TiMe.... my husband was born. twenty-five years ago.
that my friends... is a quarta of a CENTURY!! but.. [(like all men it seems)]... with age and years he is only getting more and more handsome. (wish it worked the same way with women!) crap.

I had a huge day planned for us. (sorry to those who wanted to see him on his birthday)... I planned the day to be filled with all of his favorite things.


Since I knew that our day would be very filled... i didn't even know when we'd have cake and ice-cream!! so we planned a little dinner/ date night for the night before his birthday on Thursday.
Our BFF's Tahnee and Brett and their new little 4 1/2 week old baby came up to our apartment.
  • We broiled FLANK STEAKS (they had been marinating in Dr. Pepper and some other spices (its sterling's secret recipe.. i'm not at liberty to disclose the top secret recipe, folks),
  • Made some mashed potatoes (wayyyy too much, might I add.) we peeled probably 8 HUGE idaho potatoes for only 4 people. lol
  • Made a "Nuts about berries" (from zupas) type salad
  • Green Beans (fresh from Cosssstco) with Soy Sauce
  • andddd had some extra fruit (strawberries and blackberries.
  • Oh... and a big drink of strawberry/ orange/ banana crystal light for everyone.
    Truly... it was quite a feast. We went to go digest our food while watching the BYU basketball game in our lounge theatre room of our apartment complex. . When we got back, we started a movie (Slumdog Millionaire) INCREDIBLE MOVIE.


Then we had cake. Yellow Cake with Vanilla frosting. Me and my sister Morgan made it together, and we wanted to make is special and a cake he wouldn't forget. . soooo. we wrote it backwards.

He made a wish and blew out his candles! We went to bed shortly after because I warned him of a busssssy day.


My initial plan was to do his favorite things all day.. including his favorite meals. So that meant attempting to make French Toast in his favorite way... I had never made french toast before, so i was facing the challenge of making it his favorite way with his favorite recipe. hmm. ok.

As I was laying in bed.. I was thinking of what time I needed to wake up to sneak out of bed and make his breakfast... then out of no where... ummm.. "We don't have bread" came blaring into my mind. Crappppola. So.. I made a game plan to wake up at 5:30 in the morning and go to the store and get some bread. I HAD to make french toast for him. no exceptions.

I got up at 5:30, got the pans out, all the ingredients so i'd be ready, got myself (sorta) ready... and left to walmart by 6:30. Stupid Bread.


Got home at 7 and got to work! My mom has a tradition of making us breakfast on our birthday with the red "you are special today" plate. She got me and sterling the same plate for our wedding!! I was sooo excited to use it.



The grand total consisted of FRENCH TOAST, STRAWBERRIES/ BLACKBERRIES annndddd.

dun. dun. dun..
an orange julius smoothie
(I had almost 3 cups... i luff it.)
oh. and a couple candles to make it a romantic breakfast.

While he ate, he opened his present from me. Two ties. he didn't have ANY solid color ties.. so i got him one bright turquoise one and one light purple one... with a little bit of design in it.. but.. sexy. (he wore the turquoise one to church with his black shirt today and looked dannnng good!)

I didn't get pictures of the next few activities because my camera's battery charger was left in vegas... hence.. a dead camera. So until we had time to run to get a new charger, we went without pics. but i'll inform you.

After breakfast, we had a little extra time. So we took a 45 minute nap.
  • We woke up and I took him to go get an hour couples massage!! Absolutely very needed. (massages are his favorite)
  • After that, I took him to Starbucks so he could use his FREE DRINK birthday card he got in the mail. He got his favorite frappucino with caramel drink, and we headed to the next stop.
  • Since we went hiking in Moab the whole week before, and hiked so many miles... he had complained about his feet getting bad bad blisters and bad callusses. He had mentioned a few months before that he wouldn't mind trying a pedicure... so thats what we did! i took him and we got our feet massaged and he got the dead skin grated and shaved off. and his toe-nails painted purple... jusssst kidding. but i got mine done. (:
  • After our pedicure I took him to get his favorite lunch. Costco Lunch. (: a SUPREME pizza.

After lunch, I took him Bouldering/ Indoor RockClimbing at the place next to REI!!

I even had his rock climbing shoes and his chalk back and a pair of shorts to climb in hidden in the back of the car. (:




(forgive the BUTT shot)


By the end of the climbing... my arms were so frickin sore!! killl me. but he had a great time (:
We had time to go home and relax for a couple hours, and shower off our yucky smells from climbing.
Then I told him to dress nice, and we were headed out for the rest of the night.


I took him to his favorite dinner at TGI Fridays so he could get his favorite Jack Daniels Burger. (: I even had a couopon for buy one get one free.
I made sure that our server knew that it was required of her to embarrass Sterling as much as possible. so .. as promised, she brought a herd of red clapping servers singing happy birthday... accompanied by a caramel/ fudge sundae. (: yummmmy

He quite liked it.

next... we were on our way to salt lake city... we jammed out a little bit in the car to some songs.
Sterling had no clue where we were going... i just gave him directions.



i love my birthday boy


He figured it out when we were getting our tickets printed at the front... he saw a big picture of Jeff Foxworthy, Larry the Cable guy, and Bill Engvall.
he was soooo excited! i couldn't have hoped for a better reaction.


Bill Engvall





Jeff Foxworthy

He got me some cotton candy... which i adore. (: I ate probably 95% of the whole thing.
nom nom nom


Larry the Cable Guy
Seriously BY FAR the funniest show i've ever been to.. I had tears coming out of my eyes most of the time because I was laughing so hard. (:

Overall: quite the successful day!
We both had a ton of fun, and we were exhausted by the end of the day.

Happy 25th Birthday to my Mr. Sterling Hart Clark.
xo

1 comment:

  1. too bad you guys cant adopt me or something cause i want birthdays like sterling gets them. haha you guys look great. love you :)

    ReplyDelete