[[[I will continue putting updates onto this same post at the bottom.]]]
Most recent update: Thursday (sorry it took so long)
..This is my gorgeous little sister Shaily..
Last night (early sunday morning) she got in a horrible car accident.
I woke up to Sterling's phone ringing at 3:30am. I got up and it stopped so I looked at my phone and I had a text and missed calls from my family in Idaho. Same with Sterling's phone.
The only things I was told were that she ruptured her spleen, shattered her pelvis along with damage to her lungs, leg and shoulders she was in the ICU, they didn't know the extent of the damage and her internal bleeding, and that they might have to fly her to Salt Lake to Primary Children's Hospital.
I could in no way fall back asleep after hearing all of that. I had Sterling say the prayer for both of us, because i couldn't hold it together.. I completely lost it.
from 4am to probably 7am i didn't hear anything.. its so hard being so far away from my family in Idaho at times like these. so I've been awake since that first call, praying for her, crying, and asking for prayers.
Currently, (as of about 11am) they are still working and focused on stabilizing her spleen to stop the bleeding, and making plans to rebuild her pelvis/hips. (thats the latest news I've heard)
We love this girl to absolutely indescribable amounts. She is such a fun, awesome and sweet sister to have (: Thanks everyone for the continued prayers. They definitely mean so much to our family. (:
x0x0
x0x0 [[::::UPDATES::::]]
(the only thing I have to go off of is phone calls and texts from my family in idaho, since I can't be up there)
SUNDAY
11:20am- "her bleeding seems controlled, surgeoun said they will not go in for surgery today because of all the swelling and the bleeding from her spleen. Probably will go in to rebuild her pelvis tomorrow. "
-I asked if she was awake- "She is in and out of it.."
5:30pm- "They are going to go in within the next 30 minutes and put a filter in her artery so she doesn't get blood clots that will go to her brain or lungs, will take about an hour to do- and she won't be all the way out for it"
5:30pm- "She is in rough shape, but talking in and out- lots of breaks. Surgeon will be here after 8 and will decide if she is to stay here or if they will send her to Primary Children's"
7:15pm- "they finished putting the filter in her artery, it went ok. They also found a bad tear in her kidney, the doctor wants to try and let it heal itself with time."
9:00pm- "Will probably stay in idaho, won't be able to do the surgery tomorrow... we'll know then. seems more positive now"
Monday
7:30am- "stable still, should know later today what day operation/ surgery will be. She seems to be alert at times if pain is not to bad."
Tuesday
Ok a lot of these updates I am about to post are really things I learned yesterday, but didn't have time to post onto here.
My Step-Mom Shirley posted this for everyone to see: So you all have the story straight...Shailys injuries are...her pelvis is crushed and her spleen has been bleeding. Her right kidney has a tear and her lungs are pretty bruised. She is in extreme pain and is on the highest legal dose of pain meds every ten minutes. They are watching the bleeding in her spleen very close. If all the tests go well, then today, in the late afternoon, she will under go surgery. (3-5 hours). First the will drain all of the pooled blood in her abdomin then look more at the internal organs and double check the spleen. If everything looks ok, then they will pin-screw-plate and rod her pelvis back together. This is going to be a very long hard road ahead of her.
She thanks and we thank you all for your prayers
I talked on the phone with my dad for a couple hours about everything and it seems like it is going to be a pretty intense surgery, but they are really positive about it. He said that she has over 30 breaks total in her body and her leg is separated completely from the hip where it should be. She is in a huge amount of pain, as you can probably imagine.. So, Later this afternoon she will go through a really long intense surgery to re-build her pelvis/ hips and flush the body out of all the dead blood and dead/ damaged muscle tissues, and get a last look at her spleen before moving onto the operation.
My dad wants everyone to know how much they are appreciated for all of the prayers, thoughts and love... and that they all can really be felt by her and the family through all of this. It really really means a lot.
Thursday
Sorry that it has taken me so long to post.. Things have been crazy around my house. We are in the process of packing up to move to california... but i'll save that for a separate post.
shaily. She went through her operation on the 5th.. and I believe it was somewhere between 4-5 hours long.
My dad said that she is sleeping a lot because she had been (might still be?) on the highest legal dose of pain meds. He said that the surgery went good. She has a lot of pins, screws, and rods. and a couple are external.
She got 2 units of blood last night, and she has had a really high fever for the last few days.
She had her first physical therapy session today and she sat up on the edge of the bed today for a tiny bit and did great... even though it hurt her really bad. it wiped her out.
I'm so proud of her for how so so very strong she is and what a tough girl she has been through this whole process. She told the doctor that it did feel good to be up, and that she wants to do more.
She moved from the Intensive Care Unit onto a different floor today where she has a private room now. Still sleeps most of the time and is tired so much. BUT she is SUCH a trooper, and this is nothing that any 15 year old in the world would want right before summer-time. But I really love this girl.
again- thanks everyone for the concern and prayers.
i get multiple multiple texts and calls a day asking how she is doing, and about her progress. People that haven't even ever met her are asking and saying she is constantly in their prayers.
I am so so lucky to have such an amazing group of family and friends and such a tight-knit support through all of them.
To all of you who are reading this because you are consistently checking up on my little sister:
i love you all, and I know Shaily can feel the prayers. She is very strong and will kick this trial in the butt.
I'm so sorry Calaigh! She is in my prayers! Keep us updated!
ReplyDeleteI'm so sorry to hear this. Hold on to each other and stay strong. I Love You Ster and Calaigh!
ReplyDelete-Fallon
I'm so sorry to hear about your sister.If there is anything I can do please let me know. You and your family are in my thoughts and prayers
ReplyDeleteJust spied on you via FB and found out. I am very sorry for what your family must go through. It sounds like you all are a strong bunch and can make it through anything. My thoughts and prayers are with you and the family and even though im miles away let me know if I can do anything.
ReplyDelete