Monday, August 8, 2011

life as we know it.

 So ... a LOT has happened in the past couple months.. but I haven't posted. Basically we found out I was pregnant on the 4th of July.. and since then I was worried that if I posted anything I would somehow hint it or spill the beans! So here is a little re-cap of things that have happened. 
I still don't have a camera... so i'm living through either other people's pictures... or through stupid iphone pictures. 
So a couple weeks ago, my little sister Shaily flew into San Francisco and spent the week with us!! The first day she got here we spent the day in SF and we went to lunch, told her about the baby (she freaked out!!) and went to the golden gate bridge, to Ghiradelli to get milkshakes, walked the streets and people watched, went to pier 39, and went to a flea market.. all the wonders of the big ol city! The next day we drove a couple hours to northern Cali and spent the next 3 days with my friend Tiffany on her houseboat on lake Oroville. Sterling got to come too, so we all had so much fun! (i'm working on getting pictures from some people)... then we went home through Sacramento and went to a huge huge mall. The next day was her last day here and we just hung out and walked around little shops and went sight seeing in Stockton... (the best we could do in this city).. We took her to the Airport at 2:30 am and said goodbye to her. 
On Monday I flew out of Sacramento to LAX and then to San diego to be with my family for a week. (They were having a family reunion type thing for the week) They had a condo on the beach and everyone body-surfed and hung out there all the time!! We also went to San Diego wild animal SAFARI park. Which was awesome!! and Whale watching (: 
 At the safari park we could get so so so close to so many animals 
We got to go into a giant bird place and feed them nectar. They would land all over us (:

 huge lion paws!

 It was so much better than any regular zoo.. there were SO many animals every where just roaming around.. not just one or two in a small cage. There were like 20+ giraffes and there was a truck in there and people were touching them and right with them. 
preggo sickness was really starting to kick in at this point.. the heat was NOT helping! 
(and i don't know why it looks like I have a black eye in this picture.. but I dont)

My favorite part of the whole whole whole park was getting inches from a CHEETAH! I LOVED it!! so pretty and so big!



This is a picture from the beach by our condo one morning... it was SOOO foggy! We could barely barely even see the water. 
 My whole family took these cool bike type things up and down the shore line for an hour or so. It was way fun!


 We went out on the ocean whale watching!! except we saw no wales... lots and lots and lots of dolphins though!! It took an hour and a half to find them. In that hour and a half... I had a few minutes of sickness in the bathroom losing my lunch. but HEYYYY it was all better once we did find them!!
(so weird because i NEVER EVER get motion sickness, sea sick, or car sick... but now I do SO SO easy) 



 So thats all for now folks! (: 


1 comment: