So we are becoming quite the outdoorsy people it would seem. We drove up American Fork canyon to Tibble Fork Reservoir and then off-roaded on a dirt rocky road up to the 2nd lake above it called Silver Flatts lake. So so pretty up there.

On Sunday night we went up with Sterling's Mom and Ron. We also brought Cody to play in the lake with us since Ron loves Cody and is planning a dog-napping to steal him. 

I've gotta be honest.... I hated fishing. I always was just so confused by it and thought it was the most pointless thing ever. But I've actually had fun the past couple of times... Enough to get my own fishing license and my own PINK fishing pole. really. I'm that cool.
The fish that we catch up there are yummy rainbow, brown and brook trout. And they aren't very big... but still we catch a bunch.
Did I mention it is gorgeous up there?
My handsome boy and his Rainbow Trout
Ron and his BFF (:
Sterling with his mountain man beard and his cheek full of sunflower seeds ;)
Cody .. the Golden Retriever.. is the worst retriever in all the world. But something about swimming after a stick in the lake.. he loved it and did it forever.
I think it pooped him out a little bit
And poor cody was shivering like crazy until he dried off.
Sterling and I went up again Monday morning early. We were the only ones up there for a good couple hours... and the water was GLASS except for the occasional fish jumping and free-willying out of the water.
We're planning on going up again this afternoon to fish and then to make tin-foil dinners.. and POSSIBLY camp for the night. haven't decided on for sure plans yet.
But I'm excited to use my pink pole for the first time!!!
XO






calaigh those pictures are so preeeeeetty :) i'm so happy i got to see you last weekend and i'm ecstatic you're coming to rexburg this weekend! me love you long time.
ReplyDeleteWay cute---love that you got a new pole!! Post a pic woman! Love you guys!
ReplyDelete