Friday, September 2, 2011

home

So.... we're home from California!! well.. this is old news. But I haven't posted any updates in a very very long time. So here's a little re-cap.
We drove through the night 2 weeks ago to get home. Leaving at around 3 pm and getting home around 2am. We only had to stop 2 times for gas and one more for a potty break for me. I was quite surprised that I didn't need any more than that!!! I had been prepping my bladder for the drive by withholding liquids as much as I could. So we got home, and settled into my parents house. You can never really truly miss something until you've been without it for a while... At least that is what I realized as we drove back into the Salt Lake valley... The mountains, the people, the area, the weather, the nearby family and friends... EVERYTHING about Utah.. I missed terribly. Even the things that I couldn't wait to get away from 5 months ago. It makes you appreciate what you have and what is right here so much more. So... We LOVE LOVE LOVE being home. Missed home very much.
Update on our house: So we had made an offer on a house, and it was accepted. BUT we had 10 days to back out, and we moved home on the 9th day of that contract. So on the 10th day (monday) we went to go look through the house. Side note: The bank had given us a 15 page addendum with the contract stating a million things that we had to do and hoops that we had to jump through in order to move in. Example: WE had to evict the renting tenants, pay them back their security deposits, pay all closing costs... etc. So we wanted to go look at the house, meet the tenants and figure out if it was really worth it. The people that live there are a young family with 2 kids and they had just moved there this summer after losing their home... heart wrenching right? Well... she wasn't the nicest to us.. which I understand because I wouldn't want to be evicted with two really young kids after only being there a few months. We also realized there was a new highway being built LITERALLY in the backyard going from I-15 to Redwood Road... there was also some water damage in the basement... so we decided that over-all it wasn't going to be worth the hassle, and there are a bunch of other houses on the market that we can look at. So we backed out with no costs to us. LUCKILY.
We went looking at a bunch of other properties over the next few days and we found a house that we loved so much more just a couple miles north of the last house, RIGHT on the Thanksgiving Point golf course. AND it was empty! No families to evict. :) We put an offer in on it, and sent it off to the bank (bank owned) and we're waiting on things to get back to us. Its a short-sale home, and will probably be 60 days before we could move in. 30 days till the bank lets us know about our offer, and 30 from closing date till we can move in.. so we have about 2 weeks down in that process.
IN OTHER NEWS: We got a camera!! FINALLY. but no, I haven't taken any pictures yet. :S sorry. We actually bought my moms camera that she had just gotten at Christmas.. because she already wants a new one. Its a CANON Rebel T2i camera. So if you feel the need, you may look that up. I'll be getting photo's taken soon. hopefully.
In the past couple weeks, we've been keeping busy moving stuff into storage, seeing and catching up with friends and family, Painting bedrooms as rent at my mom's house, taking the dog on walks, enjoying pregnancy and enjoying being more relaxed after a crazy summer!!
SPEAKING of pregnancy.. I'll update the baby blog next week after my 2nd Dr's appt. But things are going good! We're safely out of the 1st trimester and moving on smoothly!! Not as sick these days and feeling my stomach starting to stick out a little bit making my jeans a bit tighter ;)
Sterling has been studying and studying for his Real Estate tests. He has completed all 120 hours of the classes and he just needs to buckle down and get the tests done. So he's prepping for that by grilling his brain cells and having me quiz him on questions every now and then.
Things are going great for us and we're LOVING life right now!! It couldn't get better in any way right now... I'll try to update more, and take lots of pics this weekend. :)
XO

No comments:

Post a Comment