So... yet another adventure from the Clarks, ya? I swear we do more than go camping and fishing.. but thats all the pictures that I seem to get. Last week, Sterling and I wanted to go up American Fork canyon and camp for the night.. (mostly because I had been craving tinfoil dinners like mad for the last month) So we loaded up our stuff real real quick.. and headed up the canyon.
This is our tinfoil dinner cooking over the fire... (which took a long long time to get going.. we were FRESH out of dry twigs/ shrubbbbbery) But we got it going and cooked em HOT.
So I need to have a little fore-warning about this next picture.. before you get any ideas.. When you think of camping... What is the first thing you think of?? Hot Chocolate right?? Well.. it is for me because every time in the history of ever that I have ever ever ever gone camping... we've always had Hot Chocolate. So I made it clear before we left that we MUST make this happen. So my mom went through the storage room and found us a kettle to boil water in over the fire. But in our massive hurry to get out the door... I HAD IT IN MY HANDS.. and I don't know if this is a pregnancy fog... pregnancy memory loss... pregnancy brain fart type thing. .. but I am SOO freaking forgetful lately... Regardless... I left the kettle on the counter. BUT I did remember the mugs.. and the Hot Chocolate mix with the little awesome marshmallows. So OF COURSE I didn't realize we were without the kettle till we got halfway through cooking dinner. And since Sterling had heard nothing but me being so excited for hot chocolate for the last hour... he was determined to find a solution. He went to neighboring campsites trying to find someone who had a can or anything to put water in to boil... he came back empty handed but 5 minutes later, a guy came running down the trail and gave us his empty corona bottle.. I was a little unsure about that... but Sterling rinsed it a bunch of times and we figured if we got it boiling it would be ok...
Waiting for dinner to be done..
The next hard part was figuring out how to get the bottle off of the fire.. Since the glass had been over the fire for a good 20 minutes.. it was mega hot. My smart husband found a way.
Checking the din-din
I got my hot chocolate (: Thanks to my awesome Sterling.
Our dinners.. Which consisted of carrots, potatoes, corn and beef.
I ruined part of mine because I was shaking the pepper over it and the lid came off and went over the whole right side of my plate. :( we salvaged most of it.
We are pro's at making up a bed in the back of the Murano after our trip to Moab.. this time we even had padded mattress type things to lay out. (: Before we went to bed I told Sterling.. "Ummmm babe?? So.. i'm real scared to have to go pee in the woods at night... and since I go to the bathroom at least 2 times every night right now.. can I pretty please wake you up so you can go with me outside??" He said it was find... but at 2:30 in the morning I still felt bad poking him.. "umm... pssssst.. hey.. um... wake up... sorry.. hi.. pssst... i have to pee..." haha awesome experience though?
The next morning what did we do? yup. went fishin.
I caught the only non-rainbow trout. It was a creepy looking one with sweet orange fins. Brook Trout!
Notice my sweet pink fishing pole Sterling got me at Cabellas.. LOVE it.
Our morning catch
Sterling doing the yucky part... gutting the fish and cutting their heads off.
The next day we headed up to Idaho for a weekend vacation.. Since we hadn't been up there since before the summer. We did a lot of things... yet the only pictures I got (of course were of us fishing). We met up with Sterling's friend that worked with him last summer, Talon and my bestie Amber. And we had lunch with them up at BYUI campus. It was POURING rain so we didn't get to walk around the temple like I wanted to.
We got to hang out with my big brotha Jake at his work for a while... and BTW... CONGRATS to him for being ENGAGED... ummm. WHAT? yes.. I didn't even know until 3 days before we went to Idaho that he was dating anyone serious.. But.. Apparently its very serious! We are so so excited for them! Her name is Holly and we can't wait to meet her.. but she is in Boise on a dance company contract and I'm not sure we'll even meet her before the wedding.. But thats ok because Sterling and Jake didn't even meet until our wedding day.
We also spent a day with Amber down at her house and we walked to the little fair type thing in rexburg and got free samples of a billion things, free feathers in our hair and I got my anniversary present (: Sterling bought me 2 pairs of WAY cute True Religion jeans that were 75%+ off of normal price. Love small boutiques.
We got to spend some time with my Grandma, play some games with her, play with the itty bitty kittens, and have a birthday dinner for Shirley. (:
We (My dad, Sheyenne, Sterling and me) woke up early one morning and went to Henry's Lake up in Wyoming/ Montana?? and Went on the awesome fast Bass boat and fished for the morning/ afternoon.
SUCH a beautiful morning on the lake.
It was so cold you could see steam coming off of the lake in the distance.
Can't tell but this is me and Sheyenne
This is me freezing my butt off.
I caught the first fish!!
We all caught 5+ fish!
Sheyenne caught a fish all by herself.. literally.. she casted it in.. said "I think i got one??" and we look over and see her rod going crazy.. and she reeled it in by herself. (:
Biggest catch of the day by dad.
it was an awesome trip up to Idaho and we had a bunch of fun (:















No comments:
Post a Comment