Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Busy... kind of

For some reason life seems so busy these days... people say.. "well you don't work, and you're not in school.. how is it busy. What do you do?" Hmm. I don't know.. but every day is completely full. So we're busy.. but its a good busy. Busy with visiting friends and family, going out with them, watching siblings in sports events, babysitting nieces and nephews, Sterling's work/ recruiting dinners and meetings, etc. It may very well look like its all fun and games but.. well ok. It is fun and games. (: But it is well deserved. Sterling worked so hard this last summer, and he is studying for his real estate tests as well as recruiting and doing pre-season sales for alarms. I have been applying up and down the state for jobs. Jobs that I would be able to do for the next 4 1/2 months without it being too physically demanding on me. I knew that I could get a CNA job pretty much wherever.. but I was not wanting that too much.. yes, it is good pay, BUT... I didn't know how long I would want to be doing that. I'm fine right now, I'm not even showing (well... barely) but who knows how much I would want to be on my feet for 8+ hour shifts and lifting/ moving people. I may sound quite complainy right now... but I'd rather have a job where I could sit at a desk and be able to do that job until I pop.   literally. (: So my life these last 2 weeks have been filled with applying and searching for jobs high and low. BECAUSE I WANT THE NEXT 4 1/2 MONTHS TO FREAKING FLY BY! is that too much to ask? ;)

Anyways. Here's a little bunch of pictorials of the last few weeks in a nutshell. 

We love hanging out with Sterling's mom and Ron. This particular night, she really wanted to play tennis with Sterling. So we went over there a little bit before dinner and they had a little mother/ son match. 


 Afterwards, we went to Cafe Rio and had a delish mexi meal. 
I think they look so much alike... is it just me?

Morgan had homecoming. She went with a bunch of her girl friends and I was chosen to be her hair-dresser for the evening. (: (as well as her personal photographer)
 Personally... I think it turned out GORGEOUS. ahhhh i loved it. 

 And a mini french braid across the side as a little added accent :)

 So cute. 

And guess what else happened last week?? Sterling and I crossed the 1 year mark of marriage!! 
Woah.. where has the time gone? It seems just a couple weeks ago I was trying on wedding dresses and planning our beautiful wedding. . . and here we are.. one year later with a beautiful Baby Girl on the way.. How lucky are we??? I truly feel like the luckiest girl in the entire world and I couldn't ask for a more perfect best friend and husband to spend the rest of forever with.

And do you want to know the awesome thing?? We still feel like we're on our honeymoon. I mean how cheesy is that? I seriously can't get enough of him. He makes me so happy and still get giddy and excited to fall asleep in his arms each night.

 And can we just take a second to oogle at him for a minute? I mean who WOULDN'T want to fall asleep in a guy's arms that looks like THIS? I know you married gals are all denying it.. but its ok.. you can say it. My husband is HOT. And he's all mine.






 I understand that I have already shown all these pictures last year.. but I get bragging rights for the rest of forever. It was the best wedding in the history of the word wedding. So You all get to see them again. I'm happy. So shut up.

So we planned a weekend up in park city at the BEAUTIFUL BEAUTIFUL hotel (it doesn't even deserve that word... palace? luxury living like a king mansion type place? I don't know..) the Stein Erikson Lodge.
Before we headed up Sterling surprised me with these amazing flowers. It even had a pretty lily in them (my favorite)


So here's a bunch of pictures of our Luxury Suite. 
We had a HOT TUB on our front porch... a hot tub, folks. And a sitting area to look over the canyon. Yes please. 
we had 2 fireplaces and massive flat-screens in the bedroom as well as the living room. 
beautiful bathroom, handsome husband. 

They even had fresh flowers in there for us (: 
This picture does NOT do this jetted bath tub justic.. Sterling could lay all 6 foot 4 inches of him in this tub. Now THAT is a bath tub. 

Little customized slippers for us
Living room/ fireplace

Kitchen which was stocked with EVERYTHING even a teapot/ blender/ toaster and all cooking supplies. 

GUEST bathroom.. wait... yea.. we have a guest bathroom. 
We went out to eat on main street in park city and when we got back they had turned down the bed, dimmed the lights, turned on classical relaxing music, laid out robes and our slippers as well as drinks (hot chocolate and tea and water).. and we must not forget the chocolates by the pillows. mmmhmmm
We took full advantage of all of it. Made us some nice cocoa and put on the robes. Mine was masssssivvve on me. lol

My slippers fit awesome, sterling's however?? a tad small.. I don't think they make Stein Erikson slippers in size 13
Then on our anniversary night we got all done up and went out to Ruth's Chris for a steak and lobster dinner. (:



So so nice. 
A random waiter wanted to get in on the action. 

Tried to get a glimpse of the red/ yellow/ orange trees in the back 

And what better way to celebrate than with martinelli's sparkling apple-cranberry???


We even made a fire (:   Well. Sterling made it. 


We did a lot more things that I didn't get pictures of.. we got a couples massage, we went to lunch, we went up and down main street browsing the shops, went on a hike up by the alpine slide and alpine coaster, we went to a really fancy bowling/ pool hall and we basically just enjoyed every second of our first year together celebration. I'm so so happy (: life couldn't get better. 

Oh and guess what else?? I'm employed! (finally) I'm working with 1800contacts and I am so beyond stoked about it!! That should definitely make time pass like 100x faster. (hopefully)

ANNNNDDDD of course I updated the baby blog with new pictures of little girl. (: 

3 comments:

  1. morgan's hair looked SO CUTE. you should probably come to rexburg and do mine for me every day please. k cool. also, your hair... pretty attractive. also, that hotel room... i want it to be my house. YAYYY HAPPY ANNIVERSARY AGAIN. i love you guys :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Holy cow that was an amazing place you stayed for your anniversary! That was like where we stayed for our honeymoon night haha. And small world, Tyler's parents live at the same condo complex that Sterling's Mom does. Park Place Condos are awesome haha. P.S. DO not blame you for not wanting to do CNA work. I am definitely taking a break from that business for a while. Maybe forever haha. Congrats on the job =) That'll be a nice change!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh and I forgot to mention the fact that you are pretty much a professional hairdresser! my goodness that was amazing! I bet you'd get pins on Pinterest! =)

    ReplyDelete