I forgot to post yesterday...
well i didn't, really. I just didn't feel like it. I hate that Sterling is gone so long. ):
He was in Reno, Nevada from last Wednesday to Saturday night at 2am.
Then, at 9am, I drove him to Provo where he met up with Brett, and they drove to California. They will be coming home tomorrow night... but that can't be, can it?!
Alas, all good things must come to an end.
They are picking up and leaving right after that straight to Montana until Sunday.
Yes.. Knew it was too good to be true. So i'm going to see him a total of some odd hours in a week and a half.
Yes.. Knew it was too good to be true. So i'm going to see him a total of some odd hours in a week and a half.
No, i'm not complaining.. well . . yes I am. But its good that the boys are getting a head start on their summer, I do like to see him so motivated and excited to be working. He works real hard for me.
So yesterday, I was just basically sad. I didn't want to post. I was being so so super lame, but its ok. I love him.
yesterday's challenge:
a song that fits your current mood.
I'm going to do a little somethin-somethin first and give a brief background on this. Everyone knows the artist that is all over the radio, right?
pff. thats the only reason they all know him.
i can honestly say that one of my biggest pet peeves is this:
a brand spankin new artist just barely gets a record deal and then releases his album. actually he released it as a demo in 2005, and then re-released the begining of 2007... 3 days after it came out, I bought it. it was then, that I fell deeply deeply in love with John Vesely. The sole voice of Secondhand Serenade. Without going into too much detail, I felt that his lyrics to every song were so beautiful and could relate to any situation. deep lyrics. deep beautiful music.
it was the first time I had ever fallen this hard for a band since the Backstreet Boys in 5th grade. (but we all know that was because Nick Carter had sexy hair and he stole all of our pre-teen hearts)
Anyways. The first time I heard one of his songs on the radio was months and months later.. and even though its a very good thing for a new artist... my heart just dropped. I knew what it would do. It would make his songs over-rated, over-played, and EVVVERRRYONNNNE would just be "omg omg i LOVE S.S, i'm your biggest fan! " yada-yada-yada. I was and am pretty selfish about the whole situation, but what was the worst thing (and best thing) was the first time he came to concert in utah. about a year and a half after the first time I picked up his CD. AMAZING live, i didn't expect much else. but what bothered me was that what was at first one of my favorite songs, became annoying to me because of the stupid radio and EVERYONE'S ringtones. and biggest pet peeve right here: at the concert.. most ALL of the love-(and fame)struck, girls with their eyes glazed over trying to storm the stage to TOUCH John. screaming "i love you, i love you!!!" yet... when he would sing any song that they hadn't heard on the radio... they didn't know the words. other than those 2 famous radio played songs, they had no clue what he was singing. grrr. i know i'm realllllly over-reacting about this. but it bothers me.
I think if you're going to go to a concert... at least KNOW the band or singer/artist you're going to see. Not just their billboard top song, listen to their album at least once or twice before going and throwing yourself at the singer for no reason other than you heard their voice spout lovely notes through the radio waves. The only concert i went to where I didn't know the singer very well and had no clue any of the songs was to a Kanye and Rihanna concert.. and it was crap seats and they were free. so. there it is, my daring admission, throwing the cards on the table.
I have been to 3 or 4 concerts of his since then, and i'll admit.. it has gotten better. I look around the crowd and there are actually people not trying to jump the 300 pound bouncers to get onto the stage, and there are people who aren't trying to kill each other over the guitar pick that was just thrown into the sea of people. there are peole who are sitting back a little bit behind all the eggagerated maddness, simply and purely listening to the music they came to hear. and I quite respect the people I see doing that. at any concert. I don't think its all about getting the closest to the stage, or touching their leg as they walk close enough, I think if you REALLY love them?... you'll respect their music and hear what they have to say through the words they are singing. . they wouldn't have written them if they didn't want someone to listen to them. and please... don't scream at the top of your lungs like we're all 13 at a Justin Beiber concert.
Much appreciated.
its not rude.
its being a littttle bit passionate.
( This picture is from his first concert in Utah)

With all of that said, this is the song i'm loving right now. Your Call.
i go through phases with John Vesely. i'll get stuck on one or two songs and will play them till they are still playing while there is no music.
this is the one right now because i miss Ster. The whole song is pretty much just fabulous...
Here's a link if you want a listen. (this is my favorite version of the song)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=njUkzIee7NY
[[waiting for your call, i'm sick
call, i'm angry
call, i'm desperate for your voice
listening to the song we used to sing in the car]]
[[do you remember, butterfly?
early summer... just like when we would meet.]] 

will bring life into my deepest hopes...
whats your fantasy... ]]
....
This is today's challenge- a photo of something I bought today. After school, I was burning time at the gas station, waiting till i knew my patient would be awake at her house. So.. I splurged. I bought my first Cadbury Egg of the season. mmm. it was almost emitting gold rays from itself drawing me to it while a hallelujah corus rang through the air.
ok a little dramatic.. but i like easter for this big reason.. and others. ;)

....This is today's challenge- a photo of something I bought today. After school, I was burning time at the gas station, waiting till i knew my patient would be awake at her house. So.. I splurged. I bought my first Cadbury Egg of the season. mmm. it was almost emitting gold rays from itself drawing me to it while a hallelujah corus rang through the air.
ok a little dramatic.. but i like easter for this big reason.. and others. ;)
can't say no to my Diet Coke! mmm
super big sized.



mmmm... ILOVE CADBURRY EGGS!!!!
ReplyDelete