and applaud for the new year?
really though. I think its sort of the same feeling for everyone. A new year, for some odd reason, is almost like a re-birth. a fresh start. a new chance.
though, its just another day, of another week, of another month... somehow in someway its a glimmer of hope to start something new or fresh, right?
Even if its been a perfect year, there's always something worth perfecting.
2010:
was amazing.
started out: not so glimmery with not such a fresh outlook on the year.
I had a horrible new year/ new years eve last year... and to be quite honest, i wasn't quite sure how my year was going to go. I learned a lot of things.
I learned that no matter how hard you try to force yourself to believe one thing, chances are... its still not going to become a reality. Life, i think, is better to take it at face value... what it is, for what its worth.
I've learned that i absolutely love the Discovery Channel, National Geographic and the History channel... and the world would be a better place if everyone watched and/ or read what they had to say.
I've learned heartbreak, as well as the greatest amount of love... all within the same moments. .
I've learned how to smile in the face of adversity... and move on.
I've learned that "Just keep swimming, just keep swimming" Is QUITE applicable to life.
I've learned that wedding planning is... um... ... yeah.
I've learned that sometimes it takes hurting someone to show them that you truly care and want the very best for them... Writing someone off might be the biggest hurt at the moment but the best thing in the world in the long run.
I've learned that the ability to be happy is nothing more than learning to come to terms with how things change.
I've learned that I'm still learning how to cook.
I've learned how to be a best friend... and a wife. how to love... unconditionally.
I've learned who my friends are.
I've learned that adversity really does build character.
i've learned that there is absolutely no point in holding grudges. letting them go is hard, but the most rewarding outcome.
The most important things in life aren't things.
This year has been BY FAR (up to this point) the best year in my life. It has been the most 180 degree turn from 12 months ago, today.... in THE absolute best way possible.
I've been on every stage of the happy/ sad scale and ended up in the happiest state of my life.
I couldn't have asked for a better outcome to 2010, and i would have never even known this was an option for me! There are a million and ten things that i have learned in 365 days, and every one of them has had a life altering lesson for me.
The biggest thing I learned how to do was to listen to my heart, as well as my conscience. (as corny as it sounds) its absolutely true. Because of that one little thing... I get to fall asleep, and wake up next to my best friend for the rest of forever.
I can't wait to see what 2011 brings!
Happy New Year, Everyone!
so...just to let you know..i love your posts! they're always so cute and actually quite inspiring! =) happy new year calaigh!
ReplyDelete